Tuesday 14 April 2015

, , , , , , , ,

Walter Blanket Ta Dahhh!

Last month I finished my Walter Blanket!

I am so pleased that I actually finished, not only that but that I finished in a reasonable timeframe – that’s two firsts for me right there haha!



I started this blanket just after Christmas as a treat to myself. It is not often I crochet something and get to keep it, normally most of what I make is gifted to other people – I only have a couple of finished blankets that I use in my own house. 

So Walter is special. Special because he is mine and special because I made him using my favourite slightly-more-expensive-than-I-can-reeeeally-justify Rooster Almerino yarn.





The pattern for Walter is from issue 60 of InsideCrochet magazine, the pattern can be found here.  

Although it is worth noting that I found the stitch in one of my many crochet books where it is called Interlocking Shell Stitch.



I found I needed a few balls more to finish than the magazine recommended; the pattern did mention that the yardage would be tight. When I began the blanket, I thought I would add a border, however as you can see, by the time I finished the edges were so beautifully straight I left it as is.

Blanket stats: 

Yarn: Rooster Almerino DK
Hook size: 4mm
Time: HOURS AND HOURS I daren't add it up! Haha! Each colour stripe took approximately an hour so if you wanted to count them.... >_<


So, erm, TA DAHHH!! :D


Many thanks to Tonia from The Periwinkle for letting me steal the photo she took of Walter from her own blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment